Director of Alumni Relations
This position will develop strategic collaborations that support UF’s priorities and alumni involvement and engagement needs and will execute the strategies and tactics to expand and inspire in support of the university initiatives.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for developing programs to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- Supervise the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that the established goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and met.
- Provide leadership and direction in policy development.
- Oversee, develop and implement initiatives designed to engage alumni through strategic partnerships.
- Implement strategies and tactics to increase regional alumni engagement.
- Develop, prepare, present, and manage annual budget.
- Provide guidance and coordination with assigned units on their current alumni program.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience in alumni affairs or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.