Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
This position will execute the strategies and tactics within the strategic plan with the goal of driving membership and cultivating donors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible to the Director or Associate Director of Alumni Affairs.
- Assist in developing programs to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
- Assist in meeting established goals and objectives for the department and the university as communicated.
- Manage and coordinate the business processes that support the renewal of annual memberships including data collection, data transfer, direct mailings, broadcast emails, social media and promotional events.
- Provide customer support to members, troubleshoot issues, serve as liaison and collaborate in resolving membership issues.
- Manage the programs and vendors that provide value to association members.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating university-wide special events that are consistent with the strategic focus and image of the university.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.