Associate Art Director
This position is a multimedia and creative professional, who will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and executing a wide range of creative projects to drive philanthropy for UF Advancement’s fundraising program. Their work, conducted independently, tells distinctive stories highlighting the achievements of faculty, students, alumni, and staff to directly support marketing and communication initiatives for external audiences. They are able to translate the prescribed direction into the artistic deliverable, aligning their work with the overall direction provided by their supervisors.
Examples of Work
• As part of the Creative Services team, work closely with the Director in the development of highly individualized fundraising communications materials, often working in close coordination with development officers, in order to tailor the look and feel to specific donor/alumni interests and tastes, as a means of garnering deeper donor/alumni engagement and securing support for critical, but underfunded University initiatives.
• Work closely with the Director on continued development of brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs that both appeal to individual donor and volunteer preferences while building upon the underlying ethos of the brand.
• Provide creative and artistic direction on graphic design concepts, techniques and processes that promote Work closely with the Director on implementation of the defined brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs.
• Create and execute project plans to meet agreed-upon communication objectives and deadlines.
• Prepare, plan and execute multimedia and design support for alumni and fundraising projects including, but not limited to, brochures, fliers, posters, stationary and invitations, short form video documentary pieces, broadcast emails, social media, the Florida Gator magazine, event collateral and trade show displays, digital presentation materials, and other print projects.
• Produce accessible multimedia presentations and static and motion graphics in multiple formats (audio, video, graphics, photos, animations, etc., to support fundraising and donor relations efforts.
• Assist in the development and deployment of an aesthetic and brand that reflects UF Advancement’s core values and ideals.
• Serve as a design resource to develop special graphics and other visually-oriented services that inspire philanthropic support for the University of Florida.
• Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to ensure multimedia content is optimized and establish measurement criteria to assess the impact of multimedia content from concept to creation.
• Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet objectives as determined by strategic plans and goals that inspire philanthropic support of UF..
• Responsible for collaborating and proposing projects with the multimedia Creative Services team to strategize and advance future needs and recommend resources when needed.the mission of UF Advancement Strategic Communications & Marketing.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience in communications or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in communications or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.