Assistant Art Director
This position is a multimedia and creative professional, who will be responsible for designing and producing a wide range of creative projects to drive philanthropy for UF Advancement’s fundraising program. Their work is aligned with the larger vision for a project or program within UF Advancement. They are able to translate the prescribed direction into the artistic deliverable, aligning their work with the overall direction provided by members of the creative services team.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- As part as of the Creative Services team, assist in the development of highly individualized fundraising communications materials, often working in close coordination with development officers, in order to tailor the look and feel to specific donor/alumni interests and tastes as a means of garnering deeper donor/alumni engagement and securing support for critical but underfunded University initiatives.
- Assist with continued development of brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs that both appeal to individual donor and volunteer preferences while building upon the underlying ethos of the brand.
- Assist in implementation of the defined brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs.
- Provide multimedia and design support for alumni and fundraising projects including, but not limited to, short form video documentary pieces, broadcast emails, social media, the Florida Gator magazine, event collateral and trade show displays, digital presentation materials, and other print projects.
- Produce accessible multimedia presentations and static and motion graphics in multiple formats (audio, video, graphics, photos, animations, etc., to support fundraising and donor relations efforts.
- Assist in the development and deployment of an aesthetic and brand that reflects UF Advancement’s core values and ideals.
- Serve as a design resource to develop special graphics and other visually-oriented services that inspire philanthropic support for the University of Florida.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to mock-up design ideas in order to take projects from concept to creation.
- Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet objectives as determined by strategic plans and goals that inspire philanthropic support of UF.
- Responsible for generating ideas to advance the mission of the UF Advancement Strategic Communications & Marketing.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.