This position is a multimedia and creative professional, who will develop a comprehensive visual and social strategy that supports the university’s storytelling, brand, and reputation to help drive philanthropy for UF Advancement’s fundraising program. Their work conducted independently, tells distinctive stories highlighting the achievements of faculty, students, alumni, and staff to directly support marketing and communication initiatives for external audiences. They are able to translate the prescribed direction into the artistic deliverable, aligning their work with the overall direction provided by their supervisors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• As part of the Creative Services team, lead the development of highly individualized fundraising communications materials, often working in close coordination with development officers, in order to tailor the look and feel to specific donor/alumni interests and taste, as a means of garnering deeper donor/alumni engagement and securing support for critical, but underfunded University initiatives.
• Lead continued development of brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs that both appeal to individual donor and volunteer preferences while building upon the underlying ethos of the brand.
• Lead implementation of the defined brand identity and standards for the UF Alumni Association, University of Florida Foundation, Inc., and signature donor programs.
• Produce and edit key content videos for all marketing channels (web, search, social, etc.) that tell a story in a variety of multimedia mediums featuring campus activities, classroom events, student stories/experiences, community partnerships, etc.
• Develop, customize format, and manage content for all key social media channels.
• Delegate projects to our in-house team of designers, external vendors and campus partners.
• Perform and monitor post production plans to meet agreed-upon communication objectives and deadlines.
• Provide innovative multimedia ideas while providing targeted solutions.
• Execute multimedia and design support for alumni and fundraising projects including, but not limited to short form video documentary pieces, broadcast emails, social media, the Florida Gator magazine, event collateral and trade show displays, digital presentation materials, and other print projects.
• Produce accessible multimedia presentations and static and motion graphics in multiple formats (audio, video, graphics, photos, animations, etc., to support fundraising and donor relations efforts.
• Serve as a design resource to develop special graphics and other visually-oriented services that inspire philanthropic support of the University of Florida.
• Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to ensure multimedia content is optimized and establish measurement criteria to assess the impact of multimedia content from concept to creation.
• Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet objectives as determined by strategic plans and goals that inspire philanthropic support of UF.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to identify current and future multimedia trends, tools, and techniques, and advise on how to appropriately act upon them.
• Lead and present projects to strategize and advance the mission of UF Advancement Strategic Communications & Marketing.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in communications or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience in communications or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.