Prospect Strategy Analyst I
Under general supervision, this position provides prospect management and strategy development to designated colleges/units to help development officers engage prospects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Research, gather, and compile structured and unstructured data.
- Maintain computerized collection and tracking of relevant data.
- Assess gift capacity of potential donors.
- Assist approximately 1-15 development officers of assigned colleges/units in prospect strategy development and documentation.
- Identify creative, strategic methods to help development officers engage prospects.
- Recommend prospect assignments and quality prospect pools to development officers.
- Review contact reports of each development officer in assigned colleges/units for updates to prospect plans and strategies.
- Update the constituent relationship management system with information from contact reports and meetings with the development officers (examples: prospect plans, ratings, assignments).
- Serve as liaison between college/unit development officers and UF Advancement.
- Use a variety of analytical techniques to resolve or provide information regarding complex research and data problems.
- Recognize when issues, activities, and/or decisions need to be elevated to management, and communicate information effectively to others.
- Provide key support and insight in the maintenance of viable portfolios via portfolio review sessions (including meeting preparation and follow up); provide ongoing analysis and analytics of portfolios, moves and stages.
- Provide corporate/foundation research as needed.
- Identify new prospects for fundraising and other initiatives.
- Track news alerts and manage information updates to be saved in the donor database.
- Assist in maintenance of fundraising pipeline and gift solicitation data integrity, and conducts monthly check-ins with development officers.
- Develop and evaluate alternatives, recommendations, solutions, and conclusions or approaches to research problems.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Work under guidelines governed by unit procedures, processes, and manuals.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.