Associate Director Prospect Strategy/Research
This position is a key partner in developing strategies that inform cultivation and solicitation of major and principal gift prospects. Responsible for leading a comprehensive development research service for Advancement, including managing prospect research initiatives identifying, acquiring, qualifying, rating and tracking donors to determine capacity, interests and likelihood to make philanthropic contributions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Independently plan and execute creative strategies to identify sources of major gift support using creative research techniques, data analytics and electronic searching methodologies including qualifying, screening, and rating tools to ensure that fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
- Identify new ways to secure the latest biographical and financial information of current and potential major gift donors from public resources and assisting in the maintenance of this information in the constituent donor database.
- Facilitate prospect development and assignments, reviews all metrics ensuring each development officer has a balanced and viable collection of prospects, and analyzes team and division prospect trends and capacity.
- The Associate Director is an integral part of the development and execution of research policies and procedures requiring a solid knowledge of giving trends, data analytics, predictive modeling, and data mining to help drive fundraising strategies.
- Responsible for annual operating plans and budgets supporting program priorities and assessing program strengths and weaknesses in relation to objectives.
- Participate in the strategic and long range planning for new initiatives and programs designed to enhance the donor relations and/or stewardship activities of assigned college or campus.
- Will directly supervise, train and direct the work of assigned staff.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years relevant experience in prospect research or related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of relevant experience in prospect research or related field.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.