Assistant Director Prospect Strategy/Research
This position provides professional analytical research, leadership support, and information services to ensure development officers are working with the University’s most financially capable donors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Gather, analyze, interpret and summarize biographical, SEC, corporate, financial, major world press and other types of information to identify prospects and further the engagement and solicitation of prospects.
- Assist in the management of external vendor prospect screenings and validating screen results.
- Provide accurate, timely and capacity-driven research for development officers and Advancement leadership.
- Provide key support and insight in the maintenance of viable portfolios via portfolio review sessions (including meeting preparation and follow up); provide ongoing analysis and analytics of portfolios, moves and stages.
- Provide corporate/foundation research as needed.
- Enhance and maintain policies and procedures documentation supporting best practices.
- Prepare for and participate in prospect review meetings.
- Supervise projects from initial stages to completion.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the team and execute department strategy.
- Ensure development staff are working with the University’s most financially capable donors and that research efforts are effectively moving prospects through the development cycle.
- Participate in the strategic and long range planning for new initiatives and programs designed to enhance the donor relations and/or stewardship activities of assigned college or campus.
- Will directly supervise, train and direct the work of assigned staff.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Stakeholder Focus**
- Manages Execution**
- Effective Communication**
- Critical Thinking**
- Organizational Acumen**
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.