Data Management Analyst II
Collect, evaluate, prepare and/or analyzes research and/or other complex statistical data for a specific unit of the institution. Prepare statistical and narrative reports and recommendations, and participates in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate. Develops, maintains, and ensures quality control of databases and may assist in development and implementation of measurement systems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops data collection instruments; develops and utilizes instruments and methods for the evaluation and quality control of research or operational data.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Maintains computerized collection and tracking of relevant data.
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret research data, as appropriate to the individual position.
- Maintains appropriate records of research methods and results.
- Designs and/or develops specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of research data, as appropriate to the position.
- May participate in or initiate proposal writing and funding searches; may develop and/or present training programs in field of expertise.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work.
- Uses principles and theories of the inferential statistics field.
- Independently develops and completes a range of analyses and reports using inferential statistical measures commonly used in their field; may require modifications of those measures.
- Interprets results of these analyses and provide explanation for variances in measures used for program or research recommendations.
- Consults on statistical sampling techniques, database alternatives, and on organizing and conducting analyses of operations or research activities.
- Decides the modification of computerized statistical packages that compile or manipulate data, and the application of the packages to such data.
- Collaborates with IT staff on improvements to or development of data infrastructure.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Active Learning
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Producing Results
- Effective Communications
- Knowledge Of Organization
- Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.