IT Analyst III
This is a senior level role that assess and provide technical solutions to meet business user needs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Sometimes serves as program/project leader involving both internal and external projects
- Provides expertise for the design and development of IT systems, within a wide range of complexity levels
- Sets and establishes standards for the Organization
- Recommends development tools/solutions to develop/enhance systems and applications
- Analyzes business users needs to assess technical feasibility and solutions
- Translates business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes
- Provides estimates of the analysis and development effort based on requirements
- May lead the full systems life cycle; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software, quality assurance, testing, deployment
- Provides technical mentoring to less experienced staff
- May lead staff in recreating user problems to resolve operating difficulties and identify complex problems
- Creates and executes procedures that ensure that all systems, products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Leads the creation and execution of test scenarios to ensure proper system operation and freedom from defects.
- Analyzes current processes and procedures to create future configurations which lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings.
- Serves as a subject matter expert associated with highly technical content, processes and procedures.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Producing Results
- Information Capture
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Security Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Core Application Systems
- Workflow Analysis
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.