IT Analyst IV
This is position serves as a lead role that assess and provide technical solutions to meet business user needs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as a leader in multiple internal or external program/projects, advice and counsel is sought within UF
- Provides expertise for the design and development of IT systems, within all levels of complexity
- Sets and establishes standards for the Organization, and champions the processes
- Performs highly complex systems process analysis, design, and simulation across multiple platforms and/or cross-function in business areas
- Leads development of innovative IT solutions for risky and demanding business situations.
- Leads the full systems lifecycle responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software
- May drive recommendations towards the development of new tools/solutions or new code or reuse/enhancement of existing code
- Leads the technical feasibility of solutions, definition of system scope and objectives based on user defined needs
- Leads and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Leads analysis and revisions for existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary
- Serves as a lead subject matter expert associated with highly technical content, processes and procedures.
- Identifies current processes and procedures which are candidates for improvement and leads the creation of future configurations which lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings.
- Develops detailed selection criteria based on identified IT system requirements which lead to buy versus build decisions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Producing Results
- Information Capture
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Security Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Core Application Systems
- Workflow Analysis
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.