Multimedia Specialist I
This position works to assist in the preparation, planning and operation of multimedia aids for use in education. This position advises, coordinates, performs and supports the maintenance, scheduling, creation and distribution of media for a variety of venues and audiences, including, but not limited to broadcast, online, face-to-face, and other deliverables.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Participates in developing and implementing media plans.
- Assist in the coordination for the scheduling and maintenance of media production and distribution infrastructure.
- Advise customers on appropriate technical solutions and media equipment in order to meet their needs.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Schedule people, programs, equipment and facilities.
- Distributes multimedia materials and equipment needed.
- Provide consultative and technical assistance to media productions.
- Maintain inventory and files.
- Works with clients to provide optimum media mixes within established budget.
- Install audio-visual equipment
- Maintain hardware and software.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Relationship Management
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Effective Presentations
- Content Evaluation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.