This position is responsible for performing specialized professional payroll work. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs specialized work related to the administration and processing of the University’s payroll.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Facilitates the production of biweekly and supplemental payroll, one-time payments, overpayments, and refunds.
- Recommends, interprets and implements payroll administrative policies and procedures.
- Advises and provides assistance to faculty, staff, administrators, and outside venders and agencies.
- Researches and resolves payroll related issues.
- May monitor benefit, garnishment, and retirement deductions.
- May monitor Social Security, Medicare, federal withholdings, non-resident alien, and fringe benefit taxation and processing.
- Audits and reconciles tax records, payroll accounts, and other payroll records.
- Compiles and analyzes payroll data. Compiles data and generate reports of internal and external purposes.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of Finance and Accounting requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Finance And Accounting
- Business Math
- Office Support Tools
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Data Entry Management
- Tax Regulations
- Payroll Management
- Payroll Administration
- Specific HR Systems Application
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.