Security Guard I
Provide security services for a university.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Patrols buildings and grounds.
- Maintains security assurance systems.
- Controls lights as required.
- Insures that doors and gates are properly secured.
- Provides oral or written reports as required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communications
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Emotional Intelligence
- Premises Security
- Premises Management And Security
- Safety, Injury Prevention And Emergency Procedures
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.