Security Guard II
Coordinate security operations within a designated area and/or implementing enforcement and investigative security procedures not requiring sworn law enforcement authority.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates security personnel activities.
- Responds to unusual, suspicious, or extraordinary conditions.
- Communicates with law enforcement personnel as necessary.
- Enforces security operations procedures.
- Performs preliminary investigations of security deficiencies or breaches.
- Completes problem reports for follow-up by law enforcement personnel; completes incident reports to comply with facility licensing/accreditation requirements.
- Identifies witnesses as first respondent to incidents.
- Provides crowd and/or traffic control during unusual/emergency conditions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communications
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Emotional Intelligence
- Premises Security
- Premises Management And Security
- Safety, Injury Prevention And Emergency Procedures
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.