Student Account Specialist II
In addition to responsibilities of the Student Account Specialist I, coordinates and/or manages processes within area of assignment. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and procedures and effectively communicates to stakeholders. Applies specialized knowledge to solve problems. Assists in training of new employees or student workers.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates and/or manages processes within area of assignment.
- Effectively communicates relevant policies and procedures to stakeholders.
- Applies specialized knowledge to solve problems.
- Assists in training others on tasks within area of assignment.
- Interacts with students, parents, sponsors, and departments regarding activity on the student financial account.
- Processes payments to/from students or sponsors
- Investigates and resolves refused/returned payments
- Follows up on outstanding student balances
- Assists students, sponsors, departments in completing and submitting required information such as forms/contracts/loan documents/authorizations/other
- Submits student invoices to sponsor for payment
- Reconciles student activity and resolves discrepancies
- Prepares information/communication to students, parents, sponsors, and departments via email, website, chatbot, etc.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Office Support Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.