Study Abroad Advisor
Under general direction, advises students on curriculum, credit transfer, costs, financial aid, and benefits of study abroad programs and serves as a liaison with overseas institutions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Provides advice to students in individual and group sessions on study abroad programs within assigned areas or countries.
• Administers approved study abroad programs in specific countries, including entering and processing applications, processing transcripts, and assisting with visa applications.
• Coordinates with faculty members, academic offices, and administrative units on assigned programs and student participation.
• Serves as a liaison with UF faculty who manage UF study abroad programs and assists faculty with program development.
• Assists with coordinating program logistics at home and abroad.
• Conducts study abroad orientations, informational sessions, exhibits, and other events to educate students and others on program details and logistics and to market programs and recruit participants.
• Communicates with international partners and program/service providers about program specifics and serves as a program liaison between the UF International Center and providers and partner institutions in the U.S. and overseas.
• Ensures compliance with program, University, and international rules and regulations relating to international education and travel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and experience living or studying abroad.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Active Learning
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Academic Counseling
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Effective Communications
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Student Counseling
- Educational Professional Ethics Compliance
- Information Capture
- Coaching Others
- Academic Support System Administration
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.