Systems Admin/Programmer I
This position is responsible for entry level systems administration.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Is responsible for the tracking of service requests.
- Is responsible for the support and resolution of Tier 1 requests.
- Utilizes the internal knowledgebase/playbook to diagnose, isolate and debug hardware and software issues, and to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Assists with the maintenance and installation of a variety of hardware and software systems including web, application, and database servers.
- Assists with the formulation and implementation of monitoring systems procedures and work plans.
- Is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of technical documentation.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving
- Core Application Systems
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Effective Communications
- Application Delivery Process
- Producing Results
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.