Systems Admin/Programmer II
This position is responsible for intermediate level systems administration.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Is responsible for the tracking of service requests.
- Manages Tier 1 requests and escalated Tier 2 requests.
- Ensures the knowledgebase/playbook is updated per Tier 2 support efforts.
- Performs maintenance and installation of a variety of hardware and software systems including web, application, and database servers.
- Formulates and implements monitoring systems procedures and work plans.
- Is responsible for the preparation and modification of technical and capacity documentation.
- May maintain history reports, ID’s and addresses reoccurring problems and assists in the development and execution of business process best practices across the organization.
- May perform basic data maintenance.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving
- Core Application Systems
- Decision Making And Critical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Effective Communications
- Application Delivery Process
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies
- IT Systems Management
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.