This position is responsible for providing advice, training, and related services to help students or employer(s) in pursuit of career development or recruitment effort goals.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides direct services to students and various stakeholder groups related to the Career Center.
- Provides coaching to help students individually or in groups to understand and address career and professional development topics OR Maintain effective contacts with business, industrial, and governmental employers in the arrangement, continuance and improvement of job opportunities and work assignments.
- Promote the Career Center’s current services and programs to students and employers
- Administers assessments and other tests, and evaluates results to match student’s strengths, interests, aptitudes, and personality to career options.
- Facilitates existing outreach activities, when appropriate, with other university departments, employers, students and personnel
- Serves as point of contact for 1 or more departments and academic units to support career center’s engagement. Gathers and disseminates career information, concerning the application and implementation of all functions of the career development and/or recruitment programs.
- Establishes relationships and maintains networks with employers to develop employment, immersion experiences, or other career opportunities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of employment trends and appropriate career development expertise. Conducts research and prepares reports as directed.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate field or a bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience.
Licensure and Certification
Certified Career Services Practitioner (CCSP) within first year of employment
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
- Career Counseling
- Academic Counseling
- Coaching Others
- Academic Assessment
- Student Counseling
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.