Career Services Specialist
This position is responsible for coordinating activities in the effective implementation of a program for career development and/or recruitment services for undergraduate, graduate students, employers, or alumni at an institution in the State University System.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides direct services to students and various stakeholder groups related to the Career Center.
- Individual and group career coaching to assist individual career development needs including topics, such as interviewing skills, job search strategies, resume preparation and general career decision making strategies. OR Maintain effective contact with business, industrial, and governmental employers in the arrangement, continuance and improvement of job opportunities and work assignments.
- Maintains and updates existing resources and service documentation for students, employers, and/or alumni
- Coordinates and conducts existing outreach activities, when appropriate, with other university departments, employers, students and personnel
- Serves as point of contact for 1 or more departments and academic units to support career center’s engagement. Gathers and disseminates career information, concerning the application and implementation of all functions of the career development and/or recruitment programs.
- Conducts research and prepares reports as directed. Stays current with recent trends, resources, and research as it relates to career services.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations or processes of an administrative function in the unit.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
- Career Counseling
- Academic Counseling
- Coaching Others
- Academic Assessment
- Student Counseling
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Effective Communications
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.