IT Support Supervisor
Supervises the activities of a team of IT staff who provide technical support to the organization’s information systems to ensure these systems operative effectively and reliably.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Is responsible for providing IT users with support, determining user needs and incorporating them into the design and overall plan of the organization.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics, sharing results with organization.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade of software, hardware, and network facilities as it relates to the organization.
- Evaluates and provides techniques for increasing user productivity.
- Works in a team setting, informing and assisting others.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree; or associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Effective Communications
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- IT Environment
- Contingency And Disaster Recovery
- Planning And Organizing
- Service Excellence
- Products And Services
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.