Marketing Development Manager
Develops and manages relations with partners, external distribution agents and distribution channels to achieve the sales growth, profit margin and market share objectives of the organization.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Identify, develop, implement, and manage the organizations advertising strategy, from the business, sales and technical perspectives.
- Develops budget and projections for advertising. Initiates and manages discussions and sales with sponsors and agencies.
- Negotiates agreements with outside sales representatives.
- Manages the development of sales materials, including media kits.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit loss projections.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing or sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and four years of experience; appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Oral Communications
- Effective Presentations
- Marketing Function
- Marketing Tasks And Activities
- Business Development
- Competitive Environment
- Market Research
- Products And Services
- Business Markets
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Problem Solving
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.