Conference/Event Manager I
Plans and executes meetings, special events, or functions that are University-wide or encompass multiple units and departments.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Collaborates with staff and clients to establish event goals and objectives; develops and recommends event operating procedures; establishes and manages event planning timelines; creates task assignments; and proposes resources needed to execute event.
- Determines fiscal requirements for events, prepares budgetary recommendations, and negotiates terms with vendors.
- Works with designers to create invitations, promotional and other printed materials.
- Oversees and facilitates event briefing and coordination of speakers/presenters.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination among speakers, staff, and volunteers during event program/production.
- Prepares post-event analysis to assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events and services to internal and external constituencies, and to implement recommendations as appropriate.
- Seeks out innovative and creative ideas for events through research, networking, and continuing education classes.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and three years of experience; or a high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Producing Results
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Event Management
- Ceremony On-Site Management
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.