Conference/Event Planner I
Plans and coordinates small to medium-sized event, conference or meeting activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Consults with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Recommends appropriate venue options based on the scope and specifications of the event.
- Coordinates the logistics necessary to plan and execute conferences, meetings, and various types of special events.
- Evaluates, selects and coordinates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, audio-visual equipment, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Plans and develops programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Monitors event activities to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolves any problems that arise.
- Tracks and monitors event expenses; may oversee event billing and payment processes.
- Researches and books travel arrangements for event attendees.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree; or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Relationship Management
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Event Management
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Ceremony On-Site Management
- Ceremony Planning And Implementation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.