Conference/Event Planner II
Plans and coordinates large or complex event, conference or meeting activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Meets with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Coordinates the logistics necessary to plan and execute conferences, meetings, and various types of special events.
- Evaluates, selects and coordinates services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, audio-visual equipment, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Plans and develops programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Monitors event activities to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolves any problems that arise.
- Tracks and monitors event expenses; may oversee event billing and payment processes.
- Liaises with catering vendors, staging staff, and other parties participating in producing the event.
- Oversees domestic and/or international travel arrangements for event attendees.
- May serve as lead for junior or support staff.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Relationship Management
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Event Management
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Ceremony On-Site Management
- Ceremony Planning And Implementation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.