Conference/Event Planner III
Project Manager for planning, coordinating, and executing conferences, meetings, special events, or functions that help further the university mission. Has the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, effectively allocates resources, and directs support staff.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Meets with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events.
- Evaluates, selects and negotiates contracts and services for events
- Develops programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Monitors event activities to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolves any problems that arise.
- Participate in budget development, oversee event billing and payment processes.
- Attends events to facilitate operations and responds to emergencies or problems; ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Maintains inventory of facility/department equipment.
- Oversees domestic and/or international travel arrangements for event attendees.
- Serves as lead for junior or support staff.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Effective Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Relationship Management
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Event Management
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Ceremony On-Site Management
- Ceremony Planning And Implementation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.