Prepares, presents and delivers weather content through the College of Journalism & Communications Media Properties, including but not limited to the Florida Public Radio Emergency Network of stations, associated websites, social media accounts, and mobile products.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Prepare and present daily forecast products to be distributed on radio, television, the internet and mobile or social media applications.
- Prepare weather reports or maps for analysis, distribution, or use in weather broadcasts, using computer graphics.
- Interpret data, reports, maps, photographs, or charts to predict long or short range weather conditions, using computer models and knowledge of climate theory, physics, and mathematics.
- Develop or use mathematical or computer models for weather forecasting.
- Gather data from sources such as surface or upper air stations, satellites, weather bureaus, or radar for use in meteorological reports.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
- Oral Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Content Evaluation
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Effective Communications
- News Media Communications
- Copywriting And Editing
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.