Conference/Event Manager II
Responsible for the successful planning, coordination, and execution of conferences, meetings, special events, or functions that help further the university mission. These events may be university wide or encompass multiple units and departments. Has the ability to manage and train a staff of conference/event planners, oversee departmental budgets, and exercise control over departmental assets.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Hire, develop and manage the performance of staff, assure staff are compliant with policies and procedures and that standards are met.
- Establish standards and specifications for levels of service.
- Determine staffing guidelines and level of staffing.
- Establish event goals and objectives; develops event operating procedures; establishes and manages event planning timelines; creates task assignments; and proposes resources needed to execute event.
- Develop budget and provide projections and recommendations, manage financial data and information.
- Works with designers to create invitations, promotional and other printed materials.
- Oversees and facilitates event briefing and coordination of speakers/presenters.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination among speakers, staff, and volunteers during event program/production.
- Prepares post-event analysis to assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events and services to internal and external constituencies, and to implement recommendations as appropriate.
- Seeks out innovative and creative ideas for events through research, networking, and continuing education classes.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma and nine years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Producing Results
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility And Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Event Management
- Ceremony On-Site Management
- Ceremony Planning And Implementation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.