This is work implementing one or more phases of publications policy or production for books, journals, or university publications.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Identifies subjects for articles and interviews sources, prepares information into written format.
- Prepares and edits content of presentations and written materials for internal and external publication.
- Writes special articles and submits final drafts and layouts to production department.
- Consult with writers regarding changes and production techniques to assure consistency of style and presentation.
- Schedules work phases for publication development
- Reads and evaluates submitted manuscripts.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics. Using standard reference sources.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and six years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Web-Based Facilities And Tools
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Written Communications
- Effective Communications
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Copywriting And Editing
- Public Relations
- Knowledge Of Specific Publishing Software
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.