Senior-level position responsible for strategic leadership, oversight, and direction; reporting directly to the Dean. Responsible for development and direction of one or more programs. May function for the Dean or Associate Dean in his/her absence, as required. Responsible for administrative and fiscal operations at the College. May direct budgeting processes, human resources functions, and facilities operations. Advise the Dean on College objectives and priorities. Manage the administrative activities of the Dean’s office.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for development and direction of one or more programs. May function for the Dean or Associate Dean in his/her absence, as required.
- Supports Deans on a consultative and supportive basis regarding issues relating to fiscal management, program development, curriculum and administrative direction.
- Develops and recommends policies. Coordinates the development, implementation and interpretation of operating procedures.
- May direct budgeting processes, human resources functions, and facilities operations.
- Assists in insuring that the goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Perform in an administrative capacity for fiscal, strategic planning and other initiatives that support the goals and objectives of the College
- Responsible for liaison activities among functional area(s) and other departments.
- May serve on university committees.
- Coordinates the completion of studies and the preparation of reports.
- May recommend operating budgetary needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate years of experience; or bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience
Licensure and Certification
Provides supervision and direction to managers, professionals, and other support staff of assigned unit.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.