The acumen to make smart decisions with an overall understanding of the financial factors and implications of those decisions.
*This competency is part of the Management and Leadership Competencies at UF
Explains basic financial and accounting concepts and terminology.
States local financial tracking and reporting requirements.
Explains basic practices for financing projects; gives examples.
Describes the purpose of basic financial reports.
Uses finance and accounting systems, procedures and practices.
Resolves questions about finance and accounting policies and practices.
Works with general ledger accounts.
Differentiates between capital investments and expenses.
Interprets profit and loss statements, balance sheets and financial forecasts.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of cost accounting and reporting practices, tools, and procedures.
Provides build-buy-lease analyses for major expenditures.
Documents financial interdependencies within the organization.
Coaches others on how to quantify costs and benefits for major expenditures.
Develops and applies cost/benefit analysis or ROI as part of business decisions.
Explains cost/benefit analysis, financial analysis and modeling, organizational practices.
Designs financial analysis approaches and modeling specific to the business.
Ensures adherence to organization's and industry's financial requirements and practices.
Designs and implements customer and product profitability systems and practice.
Reviews key financial and performance indicators used by the corporation.
Coaches others in the use of financial management practices and tools.
Monitors marketplace for developments in tools or approaches to financial management.
- Tell me about a time that you had to audit your organization's financial records for compliance with a specific policy or regulation.
- What are some common financial analyses or accounting principles used in your industry or market? How did you become familiar with these concepts?
- What was your role in the organization's finance or accounting functions?
- Tell me about a time when there was an internal dispute regarding which finance or accounting approach was most appropriate for the organization. How was this "resolved?"
- Tell me about a time that you provided financial information that contributed to a major financial decision.