Manager, Health Care Administration
This position manages one or more aspects of a health care related unit or function. Manages the daily operations of assigned area. Assists the director in the management of a healthcare unit that delivers clinical care through direct patient care in areas such as student health, emergency medicine, nursing, health education initiatives, and clinical operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Works with the health services management team to provide supervision and direction of the operational and patient care activities of assigned area in accordance with health system policies as well as state and federal regulations. Oversees facility activities and data to aid in planning, risk management, and to improve service utilization.
- Establishes operational goals and objectives that align with the overall strategic plan.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves complex issues related to area of expertise.
- Participates in the planning and administration of departmental and project activities.
- Resolves escalated problems referred by subordinate supervisors or staff.
- Plans and coordinates department activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Advises faculty, staff, and administrators regarding university policies and procedures related to the assigned area.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/procedures, and resolving work related problems.
- Responsible for monitoring the work environment of assigned area to ensure compliance with the University non-discrimination and workplace harassment policies by reporting alleged violations to senior management in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.