The genuine ability to relate to all people; unpretentious, polite, sharing credit, unafraid to admit mistakes
*This competency is part of the Management and Leadership Competencies at UF
Describes the nature of a productive business relationship.
Explains some of the benefits of building business partnerships.
Identifies key business relationships in own area.
Provides examples of the characteristics of effective business relationships.
Describes the roles and responsibilities in a business relationship.
Monitors client satisfaction levels on a regular basis.
Alerts own team to problems in client satisfaction.
Ensures prompt and effective response to client requests and interactions.
Works with clients to address critical issues and resolve major problems.
Maintains productive, long-term relationships with clients or vendors.
Conducts periodic reviews of work effort, progress, issues, and successes.
Creates opportunities to educate support teams on client priorities.
Participates in negotiating the terms of the business relationship.
Communicates to clients regarding expectations of all parties.
Empowers others to establish collaborative, healthy relationships.
Oversees client reviews to clarify expectations and discuss actual service delivery.
Coaches others in the value, issues, and methods of client partnerships.
Helps clients discern business trends and their implications.
Maintains status information on major developments in client or partner environment.
Collaborates with clients in the pursuit of common business objectives.
Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with outsiders.
- Tell me about a time that a relationship resulted in an unexpected benefit to the organization.
- Tell me about your relationship with your peers and manager in your last organization.
- How do you establish a relationship with clients and vendors?
- Describe to me an effective business relationship vs. an ineffective business relationship.
- How do you maintain professional relationships with people that you don't care for personally?