Assistant Director, Data Management
Directs the operations of the Data Management office. Manages and maintains a comprehensive University information resource, oversees collection and reporting of complex, related information.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and designs methods and procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
- Develops alternate designs to resolve problems in input, storage, or retrieval of information.
- Performs needs assessment activities and works with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases and/or enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Interprets data, including statistical values, and provides advice and consultation regarding implications; may make recommendations for adjustments.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs and creates databases, and participates in testing and implementation of new applications and/or enhancements and modifications to existing systems.
- Develops specifications for data capture and input; monitors input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data.
- Programs, debugs, and runs a variety of scheduled and ad hoc listings, summaries, statistics, labels, and other electronic and/or presentation reports.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.