Manager, Clinical Research
Clinical Research Managers work at the departmental level and coordinate with the department head, Principal Investigators, College, department, and central administration personnel to support and provide guidance on administration of compliance, financial, personnel, and other aspects of Clinical Research. Generally has supervisory responsibilities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs the Clinical Research operations in administrative, budgetary and fiscal matters, preparing analysis as required for immediate and long range management planning.
- Manage resources of assigned Clinical Research areas to accomplish specified goals/objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating activities administered by the research program or service area and in the development and implementation of procedures for the Clinical Research program/service area.
- Responsible for assisting in the interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility. May recommend changes on policy/procedures as necessary.
- May supervise research support staff engaged in the carrying out of research and clinical protocol.
- Coordinates special studies or projects as directed.
- May act as liaison between program/service sand outside agencies and general public.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
- Plans and directs clinical research activities for an assigned section
- Participates in promoting Human Subjects Protections within Clinical Research areas
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and two years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
For some positions assigned to this class, special qualifications may be added to the minimum, such as professional registration or certification, or medical credentials.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.