Manager, Immigration Services
This position provides professional support and oversight in matters related to students, teaching faculty, research scholars and staff in the United States on immigrant and non-immigrant visa statuses, and advises the university community regarding immigration regulations. Manages the employment-based sponsorship for scholars, faculty and staff hired in immigrant or non-immigrant statuses.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees the university’s immigration programs and assists departments with the immigration procedures.
- Collaborates and manages processes with university counsel, administrative and academic units, state and federal agencies, to manage the university’s sponsorship of foreign nationals in order to ensure successful outcomes. Advises faculty, staff, and administrators regarding federal regulations, policies and procedures, related to immigration matters.
- Updates and proposes process improvements to immigration policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.