Associate Dean, Student Affairs
Assists in the direction of the student affairs program. Functions as the Dean in his/her absence, as required. Responsible to a Dean, Student Affairs or appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the direction of the student affairs program. Functions as the Dean in his/her absence, as required.
- Assists in insuring that goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Assists in the administration and interpretation of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the planning and finalizing of studies and reports.
- Represents the department on university or state committees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies affecting student life.
- May assist in the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
Provides supervision and direction to managers, professionals, and other support staff of assigned unit.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.