Associate Director, Safety & Security
Assists in the direction of safety and security programs. Responsible to the Director, Safety and Security or appropriate administrator.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in the direction of safety and security programs. Functions as the Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Assists in insuring that goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Assists in the administration and interpretation of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the direction of investigations, crimes, and other offenses on campus.
- Assists in the planning and finalizing of studies and reports.
- May represent the department on university or state committees.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of relevant experience. Must meet Florida statutory and Administrative Code requirements.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.