UF Information Technology Classification*
This position is responsible for directing a core information technology function in UFIT.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs the coordination of network systems and infrastructure
- Oversees the provision of hardware and software based on a comprehensive analysis of user needs
- Oversees a UFIT function that impacts multiple University departments and colleges
- Develops computing standards for hardware and software, evaluating new hardware and software and recommend appropriate selections for purchase
- as responsibility for planning and budget management of the IT function
- Stays current on emerging technologies and evaluate applicability to UF environment
- Promotes and coordinates planning, developing and implementing programs, projects and systems which may involve more than one IT unit or user group across campus.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Financial Management*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Role Model*
- Problem Solving*
- Political Savvy*
- Talent Selection*
- Strategic Thinking*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.