Assistant Dean, Student Affairs
Responsible for development and direction of one or more student affairs programs. May function for the Dean or Associate Dean in his/her absence, as required. Responsible to a Dean or Associate Dean, Student Affairs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for development and direction of one or more student affairs programs. May function for the Dean or Associate Dean in his/her absence, as required.
- Develops and recommends policies relating to student life. Coordinates the development, implementation and interpretation of operating procedures.
- Assists in insuring that the goals and objectives for the department and the university are communicated and achieved.
- Responsible for liaison activities among functional area(s) and other departments.
- May serve on university committees.
- Coordinates the completion of studies and the preparation of reports.
- May recommend operating budgetary needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
Provides supervision and direction to managers, professionals, and other support staff of assigned unit.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.