Student Account Manager
Management of one or more aspects of student account units or functions. Responsible for the management of a segment of student accounts or a major function within the University Bursar office. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. The primary duty is the management of other managers, professionals, and support staff.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists the Accounting Manager or other appropriate administration in the management of one or more bursar functions. Responsible for interpreting regulations and policies as well as the establishment and implementation of new programs/systems/processes to effectively manage bursar processes.
- Serves on the management team with the Accounting Manager
- Participates in the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Accounting Manager in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervision of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and four years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position has supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Role Model*
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Accuracy And Attention To Detail
- Problem Solving
- Office Support Tools
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.