Associate Director, Data Management
Oversees and directs the operations of the Data Management office. Manages and maintains a comprehensive University information resource, oversees collection and reporting of complex, related information.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides oversight for developing and designing methods and procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
- Provides management and administrative direction for designing, developing, and conducting research studies related to the collection and analysis data.
- Performs needs assessment activities and works with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases and/or enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Interprets data, including statistical values, and provides advice and consultation regarding implications; may make recommendations for adjustments.
- Provides oversight for developing specifications for data capture and input; monitors input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data.
- Leads the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan.
- Responsible for ensuring the all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Talent Selection*
- Strategic Thinking*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.