Manager, Postal Services
This position develops and implements operating policies and procedures for the sorting, delivering, and collection of US Postal Services Mail and interdepartmental mail for University departments and Housing Residence Halls.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate benchmarking records.
- Establishes most efficient method of mail route travel for delivery and collection mail.
- Serves as liaison with local, regional and national postal service officials to keep abreast of postal communications developments.
- Works with the Postal Service to resolve customer delivery issues.
- Interface with vendor support to ensure proper functioning of all equipment and software.
- Responsible for all equipment and vehicles needed for operations, delivery, and collections.
- Handles all insurance claims and repairs, accident reports, maintenance schedules, travel and repair logs.
- Researches and determines the best systems to purchase to expedite and further insure the accuracy of the mail process.
- Provides training to employees on Smart Track computer system and other computer systems in mail operation.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.