Senior Director, IT
UF Information Technology Classification*
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer, this position is a top University information technology leader with responsibility for IT functions at an enterprise-wide level. Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to, research technology, academic technology, enterprise applications, infrastructure, and data systems, and public service.
Examples of Work
Job Functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Leverages technology through envisioning innovative uses of IT and leading identification and development of transforming customer service opportunities
- Plans, deploys, operates, and maintains core IT services, software and/or infrastructure
- Represents the CIO and acts as in-charge officer in CIO’s absence
- Collaborates with academic and business University communities to identify, plan and execute continuous improvement of mission critical services and systems
- Deprecates and divests from obsolete services
- Serves as liaison and advisor to the University IT Governance Committees
- Develops institutional policy, standards and best practice
- Identifies opportunities for revenue generation where appropriate
- Facilitates university, regional, and state-wide joint projects which require coordinated efforts toward common and/or shared service, software, policies, or infrastructure
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.