Associate Director, Career Services
Assists the Director or other appropriate administrator in the overall management and administrative direction of a unit and/or functional area. This position is responsible for leading, developing, and managing comprehensive activities related to student career development and employer connections. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. This position reports to a Vice President, Assistant/Associate Vice President, Director, or other appropriate administrator. This position may not report to another Associate Director.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists the director or other appropriate administrator in long-term planning, strategic alignment, and management oversight of major college, campus, or university wide student affairs office or function in areas including, but not limited to, student affairs, student finance, admissions, student records, and study abroad programs.
- Leads the strategic planning for assigned areas and assists the Director in developing and implementing the overall departmental strategic plan. Assists the Director in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Establishes performance goals and measures to evaluate success of assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervisor of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Fosters relationships with internal and external constituents for the benefit of students’ career development to increase engagement and employer connections for UF candidates. Delivers presentations and occasionally provides coaching to students and employers.
- Oversees assessments and analysis data related to activities for functional area(s). Maintains up-to-date knowledge of employment trends and appropriate career development expertise.
- Participates in the development of budget requests and maintains a budget pertinent to assigned programs.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.