Manager, Internal Audits
Plans, supervises and conducts complex audits of operational systems, financial systems, compliance reviews, advisory services reviews, and investigations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plans, supervises and conducts complex audits of operational systems, financial systems, compliance reviews, advisory services reviews, and investigations.
- Assumes overall project management responsibility including staffing and client satisfaction.
- Takes a leadership role in the university community and has responsibility for the completion of assigned projects from the audit work plan
- Develops and conducts educational sessions promoting effective internal controls with university units.
- Exercises budgetary control of work hours spent on audit and advisory engagements
- Drafts memos and reports which document the scope and objectives, background, comments and conclusion for assigned projects
- Interprets and communicates rules, policies and regulations of the University of Florida, the University of Florida Board of Trustees, state agencies, the Federal government and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Provides leadership within the OIA and within the university’s fiscal and administrative functions and units; assists in the development of OIA goals, objectives and procedures
- May recommend new policies or changes to existing policies.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and five years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
CIA, CPA, CISA or CFE certification.
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.