This position will manage IT-related activities in one or more of the following information technology areas: system administration, network support, operating systems support, systems design and/or implementation, telecommunications systems, or user/client services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervises and provides highly complex technical design, implementation, maintenance, system administration, and support of hardware, software, network, and/or instructional technology.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports, and solves complex issues related to area of expertise.
- Participates in the planning and administration of departmental and project budgets.
- Resolves escalated problems referred by subordinate supervisors or staff.
- Prepares long and short range plans for applications selection, systems development, systems maintenance, production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Plans and coordinates project schedules and related activities.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.