Assistant University Registrar
Responsible to the Associate University Registrar or University Registrar, or equivalent higher level administrator. May function for the Registrar or Associate Registrar in his/her absence, as required. May be delegated responsibility for the overall direction and management of a specific functional area.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, organization, and coordination of the admissions and academic record keeping functions of a state university.
- Assists in the development of systems and programs for improving university registrar operations. Prepares reports and analyses for university and governmental agencies regarding student admissions and registration.
- May coordinate the use of data processing services and systems between the Office of the Registrar and the administrative data center.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years directly related professional work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years directly related professional work experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.