Director, Campus IT
This position is responsible for directing the comprehensive IT support for a college IT department.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs the coordination of network systems and infrastructure for a college.
- Oversees the provision of hardware and software based on a comprehensive analysis of user needs.
- Directs user support for personal computer and desktop support. Oversees a UFIT function that impacts multiple University departments and/or colleges.
- Develops computing standards for hardware and software, evaluating new hardware and software and recommend appropriate selections for purchase.
- This position has responsibility for planning and budget management of the IT function
- Maintains compliance with UF Computing Policies in university computing activities at the college or department level.
- Stays current on emerging technologies and evaluate applicability to UF environment
- Promotes and coordinates planning, developing and implementing programs, projects and systems which may involve more than one IT unit or user group across campus.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence*
- Facilitative Decision Making*
- Fair and Legal Management*
- Financial Management*
- Political Savvy*
- Problem Solving*
- Role Model*
- Strategic Thinking*
- Talent Selection*
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.